Any student may take the Placement Exam to test out of the Spanish requirement or to determine what level of Spanish (I, II or III) to enter (unless he/she has already taken the Advanced Placement Test in Spanish - see the Advanced Placement Examination page for more information).
What to Do:
- For information about the test format and to see a demo, please click on the following link from the Language Learning Center: Placement Exams. (To go directly to the examination demo, please click the following link: Video Demonstration for Placement Exams.)
- Call the Language Learning Center - (530) 752-1508 - the day before and make a reservation to take the placement exam.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time at the Language Learning Center which is located in 53 Olson Hall (downstairs).
What to Expect:
- You may only take the exam ONCE.
- The exam is computerized, takes about one hour and is very user-friendly.
- You will receive your results immediately.