Your 2021 Virtual Orientation Binder
Becoming a California Resident - Domestic nonresidents are expected to become California residents before the start of their second year - Make sure to start collecting evidence now. (International Students may not become residents for tuition purposes)
UC Davis Campus Map - Find out how to get to orientation and your classes
When in doubt, ask the LangLit Staff
Orientations Schedule 2021
- Date TBD - Holistic U (Graduate Diversity Orientation) (optional) https://grad.ucdavis.edu/orientation
- Date TBD - International Graduate Student Orientation (required for new international students) https://grad.ucdavis.edu/node/36830/
- Date TBD - General Program- Workshops & socials. View the schedule and register. (Required training). https://grad.ucdavis.edu/node/40608/
- Date TBD - Languages and Literatures Orientation - (required) -administrative items; IT troubleshooting; completion of employment hiring; photos
- Date TBD - Center for Educational Effectiveness (CEE) TA Training-required for new TA/AIs-(required) - https://cee.ucdavis.edu/tao
- Date TBD : Spanish Department TA orientation
**8:30-12:00 in 18 Olson Hall. Elementary Spanish (SPA 1-3) Training with Prof. Sánchez- Gutiérrez (required for all those teaching Spanish 1-3 at UC Davis + those enrolled in SPA 390).
**9:00-12:00 in 57 Olson Hall SPA 21-22 Training with Profs. Blake and Bradley.
**9:00-11:00 in 622 Sproul Hall. SPA 31-33 Spanish for Native Speakers Training with Prof. Carando
**12:00-1:30 in the SPROUL/SCHOOL OF EDUCATION COURTYARD. Lunch for all graduate students and faculty. Introduction of Faculty and new students.
**2:30-4:30-in 18 Olson Hall . SPA 1-3 Elementary Spanish Training with Prof. Sánchez- Gutiérrez (required for all those teaching Spanish at UC Davis + those enrolled in SPA 390).
**2:30-4:30- in 622 Sproul Hall SPA 23-24 Spanish Composition Training with Prof. Carando
Sexual Violence Prevention training- (included in Graduate Studies General Program)-(required)
UC Davis requires that all incoming graduate and professional students complete mandatory sexual violence intervention and prevention (SVPT) training within the first six weeks of their beginning classes at UC Davis.
See http://sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu/education_training.html to register. The deadline to complete the requirement is late October 2021. Students who do not complete the SVPT requirement by the deadline will have a hold placed on their student account, preventing them from being able to register for 2022 Winter Quarter classes.
Test of Oral English Proficiency (TOEP) Test
For international graduate students / TAs. See https://iae.ucdavis.edu/graduate/qualify
for information on who must take it and how to sign up.